Marketing is not advertising.
Marketing should be all encompassing. Marketers should develop the product, proposition and then finally the promotion to meet the needs of a customer base. Two amazing tools that marketers can use in this planning activity are contained in Alex Osterwalder’s book Business Model Generation. They are the Business Model Canvas and the Customer Empathy Map.
Recently I needed to use these tools and have created a simple Powerpoint template that is free for you to use as well.
If you chose to download the template all I ask is that you share this page with your network so that they can get the same benefit.
UPDATE: Be sure to check out the Value Proposition Canvas from Alexander. You can get a free PDF copy of the template from his website by registering: http://www.businessmodelgeneration.com/book/newbook
- Obviously you have to get and read Alex’s book: Business Model Generation
- For more on marketing I highly recommend Seth Godin’s circles of marketing post
- Also Simon Sinek’s amazing TED talk on how leaders inspire provides inspiration about starting with why rather than what
Legal and copyright information
The Business Model Canvas was created by www.businessmodelgeneration.com. Any further sharing of these models should reference www.businessmodelgeneration.com. See www.businessmodelgeneration.com/canvas for more information.
Subscribe to my Newsletter
- New content related to all things digital
- Thought provoking ideas around business strategy and innovation in the digital age
- Downloadable files and templates to use in your own work
- Impartial and relevant information for digital professionals