Accelerating digital change
Do you wish your business could change faster? This week’s post is a link out to an article I published last week with SmartInsights. It focuses on academic – although very practical – work by John Kotter on how businesses are accelerating their change processes.
The top level summary is that businesses that are accelerating their transformation do the following:
- Build a vision for change around a big opportunity
- Appoint a team of volunteers as the guiding coalition
- Form strategic initiatives around the coalition
- Build out an army of volunteers
- Begin to provide funding and resource required to accelerate from ideas to execution
- Celebrate success no matter how small
- Change the culture
This is vital insight for those involved in digital transformation as one of the most common complaints I hear is about the pace of change. Often businesses fail to make change happen because of the amount of work that needs to be done or the focus on business as usual. There are businesses bucking these trends and the article covering Kotter’s work highlights these key points.
You can read the entire article at Smart Insights: